Senior Engineer: Mining Technical
Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
11 days ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide technical expertise in drilling, load and haul, blasting and Contractors management in order optimise efficiencies, safety and productivity through technical reviews, timely reports and coordination of improvement projects.
Key Performance Areas:
- Monitor and review all blasts and interpret vibration analysis and develop a controlled blasting programme to prevent damages to infrastructure.
- Monitor and capture the performance of the blast hole drills in use and recommend techniques required to improve productivity.
- Prepare drilling reports for the section and monitor and capture drilling rates different formations.
- Drill GET inventory control and tracking and conduct GET tests.
- Review and approve design blasting parameters.
- Evaluate potential performance of various explosives and assesses applicability to the mining operations.
- Conduct research and benchmark on blasting best practices and liaise with the Blasting Contractor.
- Develop and implement process specific functional specifications and recommend / implement modifications and improvements.
- Monitor the performance of the load and haul operations and recommend techniques required to improve productivity.
- Capture and analyze production results and prepare relevant reports accordingly.
- Participate in drafting the annual Mining Technical budgets.
- Investigate and recommend on the types of mining production equipment to be used in order to optimize the operation on the mine for input into the capital requirements.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects.
- BSc / B. Tech degree in Mining Engineering NQF Level 7.
- Open Pit Blasting Certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in open pit mining environment of which 2 years should be in Senior / supervisory capacity.
- Experience in truck, shovel loading & hauling operations.
- Excellent understanding and experience in drilling and blasting techniques in hard rock open pit mining operations.
- Contractor management and project management experience.
- Experience in comminution or field crushing will be an added advantage.
- Registration with Engineering Council of Namibia, will be an advantage.
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License.