Namibia Country Lodges - Windhoek, Namibia
13 days ago
The goal is to ensure that the operational efforts of the company add the highest value to the business and that business units receive the necessary support and direction to meet our client's needs.
Therefore, we are looking for an energetic Operations Manager to take responsibility for all logistical, procurement and operational activities within the group of companies, ensuring projects are well-planned and executed. Business units should be supported to
operate efficiently to meet operational targets set by management. Enthusiasm for all things related to the position and a thorough knowledge of relevant techniques and principles will be an unconditional prerequisite.
- Manage the vehicle fleet, maintenance schedules and tracking system.
- Responsible for planning and procurement of tools, equipment, gear and maintenance items required by the lodges to run effectively.
- Monitor critical equipment and proactively plan for scheduled maintenance & repairs.
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, suppliers and contractors to ensure proper alignment with operational procedures within the organisation.
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols.
- Collaborate with management in preparing budgets and monitoring expenses.
- Execute ad-hoc project-related activities as needed.
- Project Development
- Administration of all purchases
Technical skills & experience
- Three years experience as an operational and/ or logistics manager, or similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, reporting, planning or similar software tools.
- Commercial awareness
- Valid driver's license Code B (minimum).
- Knowledge of INNKeeper (Hospitality ERP System software) will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing), fluent in English and Afrikaans (German will be an advantage).
- Excellent planning, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills
- Problem-solving skills and being able to adapt to changing situations/scenarios.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining control of high-level operations.
- Self-starter with the ability to work equally well individually and in a team environment.
- Strong conflict management and business negotiation skills.
- Innovative and creative.
Character and interpersonal skills
To operate in the tourism industry, you need to have the following skills/attributes:
- Be an ambassador for the group of companies, the tourism industry and Namibia.
- Be well-mannered, outgoing, and friendly; demonstrating a polite attitude - always and in all circumstances.
- Service with a smile and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Enthusiastic approach and outlook on life, outstanding interpersonal abilities and an excellent communicator.
- Be a team player with a customer-oriented approach.
- Must have an aptitude for detail and critical analysis.
- Must have sober and honest habits.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and no documents will be returned. Interviews will be held in Windhoek.