Senior Accountant Job
o&l centre (pty) ltd - windhoek, namibia
20 days ago
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of this position is to provide accurate reporting to SAN and the Companies under our control, while ensuring technical compliance in terms of IFRS, taxation and Companies Act.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Financial Accounting with a minimum of 3 years experience in Financial Accounting.
- Professional finance related knowledge required, gained through tertiary education and relevant experience.
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge.
- Knowledge on Taxation.
- Draft Worx and SAP would be an advantage.
Financial reporting and control
- Responsible for the accounting and SAP processing of various entities.
- Creating and disposing of assets.
- Prepare management accounts for timely submission to Corporate Finance.
- Compile General Ledger reconciliations and reconcile all balance sheets of companies responsible for.
- Completion of Monthly BLR reports.
- Complete Half year & Year end packs according to Group Standards, deadlines and per the companies responsible.
- Compiling of the Annual Financial Statements of various entities on Draftworx.
- Verifying and confirming intercompany amounts .
- Coordinating and facilitating external audits and annual property valuations.
- Regular communication with secretarial regarding necessary resolutions, agreements etc.
- Compilation of essential solvency and liquidity tests.
- Compiling annual budgets and forecasts.
- Preparing monthly cash flow forecasts and actively managing the cash flow .
- Completion of income tax and deferred tax calculations as required.
- Completion of the provisional and income tax returns as required.
- Follow up on queries with the Receiver of Revenue .
- Monitor technical compliance in terms of IFRS, taxation and Companies Act and advise for correction.
- Completion and submission of VAT, employees tax, withholding tax on ITAS.
- Attend to income tax audits and VAT audits as required.
- Keeping up to date with relevant taxation changes and relevant (IFRS) accounting standards.
Creditors and Procure to Pay process
- Support the Procure to Pay procedure by creating all POs timeously on the SAP system according to procurement procedure.
- Uploading payments of creditors to the respective online banking platforms and processing the subsequent payments.
- Processing and payment of expense claims as they are received on a weekly basis.
- All invoicing to be processed/executed monthly.
- Follow up on regular basis to have debtor monies paid within 30 days.
- Collect outstanding debtors from OPCOs.
- Ensure intercompany confirmations by contacting the corresponding accountant at the OpCos and
confirming balances owed/outstanding monthly.
- Conducting monthly payroll calculations and sending out pay slips .
- Managing annual leave, sick leave, 3rd party and salary adjustments etc.
- Yearly preparation of PAYE 5 employee's tax certificates .
Banking and Cash flow management
- Process all bank transactions (bank charges and interest included) and capture of all banking receipts daily.
- Reconciling the bank statements monthly and having the reconciliations ready for inspection by line manager before final completion of monthly management accounts.
- Completing the cash flow schedules of the companies responsible on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Completing the cash flow schedules of the companies responsible.
- Processing/posting of Petty Cash monthly.
Professional Assistance & Advise
- Investigate technical queries iro of IFRS, Companies Act or Tax Act and other texts to suggest a solution.
- Calculating complex accounting entries.
- Provide professional financial advice for special projects.
- Providing recommendations for effective business accounting practices to reduce costs and for tax planning.
- Any other duties as and when reguested.
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3806