Culinary Experience Manager Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - windhoek, namibia
17 days ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To craft and design new-to-world Food and Beverage Culinary Experiences that redefine and set new industry standard. Lead and spearhead gastronomic innovation for O&L leisure, drive mentorship and equip all staff members through training with the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver consistent high-quality service that aligns with the customer experience journey.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in culinary arts
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in Executive Chef roles within 4* and 5* star hotels/lodges.
- Proven track record in creating Degustation Experiences.
- International experience in culinary arts, with exposure to Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- HAACP experience and/or accreditation.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including MS Office, MICROS, and Materials Control.
- Demonstrated expertise in culinary training, menu development, and culinary strategy.
- Culinary Experience Strategy Development and Execution.
- Sync and align all aspects of food and beverage experiences with theme, character/persona, and brand promise.
- Training and Development/Capacity Management and Drive culinary mentorship in all our BUs with a goal of growing our own future Sous and Executive Chefs.
- Set the standard for Culinary Experience in the O&L Leisure, keeping up the Quality Assurance and adding to the Customer Experience Journey.
- Establish ongoing programs that encourage innovation/creativity and subsequently keeping the culinary experience relevant, up to date, competitive and of highest quality.
- Provides direction to culinary Leadership to ensure compliance with all concepts culinary programs and initiatives.
- Regularly review menus and recipes as a way of product differentiation and ensure recipes and portions are in line with brand positioning.
- Ensure all properties comply and meet HACCP principles and standards and facilitate HACCP certification for all properties.
- Be Authentic
- Live the Values
- Cause Alignment
- Take Bold Stands
- Lead Growth
- Deliver Extraordinary Results
- Inspire Innovation
CLOSING DATE: 22 February 2024
This position is subject to a pre-employment screening and vetting process, and by applying for this position, Applicants acknowledge that they are aware that the Company reserves the right to carry out screening / pre-employment vetting of all shortlisted Applicants. A Certificate of Conduct issued by the Namibian Police (not older than 6 months) will be required from shortlisted Applicants.