Senior Accountant: Cost
Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
17 days ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Provide ongoing costing and production information, analysis of cost variances, justification of costing projects, margin analysis and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The position also constructs and monitors cost-effective budget and actual reporting systems needed to provide an appropriate level of management (cost and performance) information, and supports budget holders on financial and costing disciplines.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure adequate management reporting per sub division and coordinate monthly cost meetings with management/budget holders.
- Assist in the compilation of key business metrics and report on them in monthly management reports.
- Report on productivity measures cost per ton/Hour/MTTR MTBF etc.
- Perform Economic Value Analysis where required for new projects.
- Provide site support through accurate cost allocations on stock, POs and labour.
- Prepare cost center reports and allocate overheads monthly to determine profitability.
- Identify and analyse expenditure trends and performance against budget.
- Ensure accurate cost allocation per area/cost center and rectify it through month end journals.
- Monthly and year end accruals for cost realized but not expensed yet.
- Confirm stock valuation classes for new stock applications.
- Produce weekly cost reports to EXCO.
- Identify possible cost saving opportunities, discuss with end-users and, in collaboration with end-users.
- Manage and follow up on departmental cost saving projects to provide timely feedback to Management.
- Maintain and improve cost accounting system.
- Assist SCM with bi-annual stock count at all SU Warehouses.
- Coordinate and manage the annual budget process in terms of timing, guidelines, communication and facilitation with allocated departments.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects.
- B. Comm degree or other relevant Accounting Degree (NQF level 7).
- Honours degree or postgraduate diploma in Management Accounting (NQF level 8) will be an added advantage.
- Professional Accounting/Membership: CIMA/ICAN is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years Management Accounting experience, of which 2 years should have been in a senior capacity.
- Experience in the mining industry.
- Experience in the application of Management Accounting and Costing Principles, Practices and Models.
- Sound governance, internal controls, reporting experience.
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License