Team Leader: Distribution Job
namibia dairies (pty)ltd - windhoek, namibia
18 days ago
Location: Prosperita, Distribution
Team Leader: Distribution
Purpose of Position
The incumbent is responsible to plan, manage and measure an effective and efficient distribution operation in order to ensure that the right ND products are delivered to the right place/ customer on time and in the most cost-efficient way possible.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Degree in Transport and Logistics Management.
- Minimum of 3 5 years experience on supervisory level.
- MS Office, SAP, extensive knowledge on FMCG distribution, transport, and logistics systems
Knowledge on FMCG and Cold Chain will be an added advantage
- Supervise the secondary distribution team and activities to ensure that customer requirements are met in the most cost-effective ways.
- Coordinate effective route planning, delivery schedules maintenance execution monitoring and reverse logistics.
- Supervise the briefing process to ensure that the delivery team is fully informed and aware of delivery process and document control requirements.
- Monitor and ensure that Distribution coordinates track delivery vehicle movements during delivery cycles and constantly communicate with the delivery team.
- Supervise the Debriefing process to ensure that drivers feedback is obtained with regards to delivery cycle performance, adherence to route delivery plan (sequence, km's, planned vs actual activities, unauthorized stops etc).
- Ensure that Debriefing-related feedback is fully captured on debriefing portal.
- Supervise the POD control process to ensure that all POD's are well managed.
- Compile pick-up and drop-off schedules for staff.
- Supervise fleet management activities.
- Compile and deliver comprehensive weekly operations statistics reports.
- Track and analyze fleet costing data to identify areas for improvement and cost savings opportunities.
- Facilitate corrective actions through disciplinary processes and ensure employee conflicts are alleviated and amicable solutions are reached.
- Coach, influence and guide the team on a daily base to ensure they embody the O&L persona.
Closing Date: 20 February 2024
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3778