Logistics Manager Job
kraatz marine pty ltd - walvis bay, namibia
19 days ago
Why O&L exists:
CREATING A FUTURE, ENHANCING LIFE.
Why this position exists:
This position is responsible for optimising the Logistics Department by establishing a logistics channel, benchmarking it against external companies, and managing department efficiency and processes, as well as employee conduct, accordingly.
Distribution Planning & Coordinating
- Research, plan, implement and manage an effective Kraatz Distribution Center (DC) business unit to effectively support and serve the Kraatz business model and strategy.
- Analyze existing distribution procedures and recommend improvements.
- Make proactive and well-founded suggestions on the cost-saving and investment possibility of the logistics.
- Continually improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures.
- Prepare budgets and manage expenses within budgets.
- Execute timeous and accurate planning of logistics.
- Coordinate transport function of Kraatz.
- Gather real time information and compile operational reports regarding activities of fleet to assist Senior Leadership on making daily operations decisions.
- Make proactive suggestions on the streamlining of the administrative and operational function of the division.
- Oversee that all vehicles are always properly manned as per operational requirements.
- Ensure that all deadlines linked to any administrative function of fleet are always met such as tracking reports, weekly reports, cost management report, etc
Relationship Management with Staff and Customers
- Effective communication towards clients for monitoring the quality of service they are receiving.
- Oversee follow-ups on client queries.
- Ensure that all external correspondence conforms to the laid down Kraatz standards.
Manage All Company and Lease Vehicles
- Make recommendations regarding lease vehicles for best fit in company and operational requirements and coordinate the process further (e.g. recalling approved quotations).
- Administer company vehicle to employee who qualifies, once approved.
- Prepare documentation when new vehicle is received, hand over form for driver and prepare letter to Payroll.
- Capture new vehicle data on system.
- Overlook the fitting of trackers on new vehicles and the functionality of fitted trackers.
- Coordinate and control return of Leased Company vehicles to the leasing company.
- Obtain quotes from dealers for re-sale of motor vehicles once lease period lapsed and submit to Line Manager for approval.
Manage and Control Accident Claims
- Inform cost center Managers / Supervisors / Safety Department of any accident /repairs of company cars.
- Review administration of accident claim forms and forward to Insurance Company with necessary documentation (quotes, invoices, licences, etc.).
- Supply and assist insurance assessor with the necessary details for inspection/repairs.
- Ensure preparation of documentation for stolen and written off vehicles to be submitted to Road Fund Administration.
- Overlook and control incorrect petrol filling, odometer readings and excess km driven.
- Oversee issuing of new logbooks.
- Monitor annual license renewals of company cars.
- Monitor and control of licences from Road Fund Administration.
- Control follow-ups on payments of licences, mass distance charges etc.
- Monitor receiving and processing of Road Fund Administration invoices.
- Oversee any other tasks performed by Fleet Controller.
- Assist with planning and preparation of project estimates / budgets for approval.
- Establish a professional cost control reporting.
- Monitoring and control of all cost aspects in-line with approved budgets.
- Obtain approval for scope changes / cost overruns before implementation.
- Continuously assess cost control and take advantage of cost saving opportunities.
Reports & Admin
- Perform administration duties and maintain clear and complete records.
- Produce regular reports and statistics.
- Receive, check and control monthly fuel report and distribute to drivers and managers.
- Control and update Kraatz fleet list, circulate changes to various departments.
- Oversee and review sign-off of all vehicles and keep a set of copies on file.
- Ensure all the appropriate transport permits have been arranged and received.
- Responsible for overall health of company Fleet.
General Ad Hoc Duties
- Attend to any reasonable request made by Management, Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Directors or Shareholders.
- Report and where possible handle cases of accident fire, theft, loss, damage or contravention of regulations.
- Attend meetings and training courses, workshops or seminars as required.
- Maintain the Companys standards and ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Assist where needed during periods of emergencies or crises.
Guidelines & Equipment
- Organisational values, mission, policies & procedures.
- Relevant departmental policies & procedures.
- Mwenyopaleka values.
- O&L Values & Persona.
- Degree or Diploma in Logistics with 7 years' related experience, of which at least 2 years are in a Supervisory role.
- Transport and Mechanical experience.
- Computer literate.
- Code BE driver's license.
- Familiarity with Cellstop (or similar) vehicle tracking system.