Pack House Supervisor Job
o&l fresh produce - otavi, namibia
25 days ago
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The incumbent will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the packing house on Otavifontein, which includes the packing and processing activities, ensuring product quality, supervising a team of packers, and maintaining a safe and organized working environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- 3-year diploma or equivalent additional education in packhouse/warehouse or agriculture fields or a related field is a plus.
- Proven experience of at least 3-5 years in a supervisory role within a pack house or similar agricultural setting.
- Knowledge of vegetable packing processes, grading standards, and quality control measures are essential.
- Supervising the receiving of stock from the fields.
- Lead and supervise a team of packers, providing guidance and support.
- Ensure the efficiency standards are met in each process by employees.
- Supervise the machinery and equipment utilization in the pack house.
- Conduct regular team meetings to communicate goals, expectations, and updates.
- Implement and enforce quality control standards for sorting, grading, and packing vegetables.
- Conduct regular inspections to ensure compliance with quality and safety regulations.
- Coordinate with farm manager and Sales Coordinator to plan packing schedules based on crop harvest and market demand.
- Optimize packing processes to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
- Supervising the grading, washing, sorting & weighing of stock.
- Supervising the packing of stock in accordance with customer orders.
- Track and manage inventory levels of packed products.
- Coordinate with the farm manager to ensure accurate record-keeping of harvested and packed quantities.
- Implement FIFO (First In, First Out) practices for inventory rotation.
- Ensure quality and standards control for the pack house and administration in accordance with the SOPs.
- Ensure effective loading and dispatching in trucks per customer orders and in coordination with Sales Coordinator.
- Ensure safety protocols and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure the hygiene standards of the packhouse and security of stock in the pack house.
- Maintain open communication with farm managers, Sales Coordinator, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Ability
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to maintaining high-quality standards.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 13 February 2024
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3770