Cost Analyst Job
o&l fresh produce - otavi, namibia
25 days ago
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To optimize the financial performance of the farm by meticulously managing costs associated with farm production and other operational areas. Conduct detailed analysis and implementing efficient procedures that contribute to the farms cost-effectiveness, budget compliance, and overall financial efficiency.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Business/Accounting degree or diploma with a minimum of 5 years experience in FMCG or Agriculture environment.
- Experience within the Agriculture (Horticulture) environment would be advantageous.
- Track and analyse all costs related to vegetable production, including seed, fertilizer, chemical, diesel, labour, equipment, and overhead expenses.
- Conduct regular cost reviews to identify areas for improvement and cost-saving opportunities.
- Prepare monthly stock counts for inventory and biological assets with all relevant detail.
- Ensure the Master Costing (MC) database is consistently updated with the latest information, including input costs, supplier data, and units of measure.
- Act as the primary super user for the Materials Control system to support efficient cost control processes.
- Ensure that monthly stock counts are conducted accurately on the farm for inventory and biological assets following standard operating procedures and recorded.
- To provide reliable inventory data for financial reporting and analysis.
- Produce accurate monthly stock variance reports. Conduct regular inventory audits and reconcile any discrepancies. Flag inefficiencies in the system and suggest best practices.
- Support and liaise with the Financial Controller in meeting the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Assist with the preparation of internal & external audits and provide all necessary documentation and information during the external audit process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all documents and attend to any audit queries.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the compilation of annual budgets through the completion of the standardized budget templates provided by the Finance Department.
- Assist with the required periodically forecasting exercises as directed by the Financial Controller.
- Prepare and present detailed cost reports to management, outlining key cost drivers and areas of concern.
- Evaluate supplier performance and seek alternative sources to ensure cost competitiveness.
- Assist with compilation and distribution processes and policies relating to costing of products on the farm to be reviewed by management.
- Identify and implement process improvements that contribute to cost efficiency without compromising product quality.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Technical expertise
- Assertive communication
- Analytical ability
- Attention to detail
- Numerical skills
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 13 February 2024
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3772