Boilermaker Foreman – Windhoek
Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
Our esteemed client is currently seeking a qualified Boilermaker Foreman to join their dynamic team at the warehouse.
Position Overview: As a Boilermaker Foreman, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating boilermaker activities within the warehouse facility. This role requires leadership skills, project management expertise, and experience in managing plumbing artisans. Additionally, the candidate will be involved in the installation and servicing of domestic solar geysers and large commercial high-pressure boiler systems, with project oversight both locally and out of town.
- Supervision and Leadership: Lead a team of boilermakers and plumbing artisans, providing guidance and direction for successful project completion.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure strict adherence to safety protocols and regulations within the team.
- Project Planning: Collaborate with project managers to plan and schedule boilermaker and plumbing activities, ensuring efficient project execution.
- Quality Control: Monitor work quality, conduct inspections, and implement corrective measures as necessary.
- Equipment Maintenance: Oversee the maintenance and repair of boilers, pressure vessels, and related equipment.
- Solar Geyser and Boiler Installation and Service: Manage the installation and servicing of domestic solar geysers and large commercial high-pressure boiler systems.
- Project Oversight: Plan and oversee projects, coordinating activities both inside and outside of town.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of project progress, equipment inspections, and safety compliance.
- Training and Development: Provide training and mentorship to junior boilermaker staff and plumbing artisans.
- Proven experience as a Boilermaker Foreman or in a similar supervisory role.
- Extensive knowledge of boilermaking techniques, welding processes, and fabrication methods.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Commitment to safety and the ability to enforce safety protocols.
- Welding certification and relevant trade qualifications.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the installation and servicing of domestic solar geysers and large commercial high-pressure boiler systems (in a supervisory role)
- BE Licence - C1 will be advantageous.
- Must be available to start immediately
CLOSING DATE: 02 FEBRUARY 2024