Executive Housekeeper Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To oversee and guide the housekeeping department in consistently achieving and surpassing the highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene, and comfort. Enhance guest experience by delivering premium world-class service that surpasses expectations, maximize profitability by strategically and efficiently utilizing all available resources.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelors degree or Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism or Hotel Management.
- 5 years experience as an Executive housekeeper or in a similar managerial role.
- Experience in a 4* or 5* Hotel/Luxury Lodge operations with 100 rooms or more.
- Knowledge of PMS (Property Management System) will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of housekeeping practices, procedures, and equipment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Develop and implement effective housekeeping policies and procedures to ensure a consistently high standard of cleanliness and services.
- Regularly inspect guest rooms and public areas to ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness and luxury are maintained, contributing to a premium world class guest experience.
- Conduct room audits and spot checks to identify areas needing attention, maintaining quality control.
- Review and communicate arrival reports and VIP guest requirements to ensure that all special needs are met or exceeded, enhancing guest satisfaction.
- Assist with the development of the annual budget with input from the Rooms Division Manager, Finance, and relevant stakeholders, informed by strategic plans and operational requirements.
- Ensure compliance with various audit requirements, including internal audit, hygiene audits, and risk audits related to the Housekeeping.
- Coordinate regular stock-taking in the Housekeeping Department, as well as operating equipment, at specified intervals: daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
- Comply with all relevant Health and Safety regulations within the rooms division domain and ensure all laws, regulations, licenses and policies pertaining to operations of housekeeping functions are adhered to.
- Prepare housekeeping room status reports for Front Office Manager and Finance.
- Control payroll costs through the maintenance of proper records, rosters, time books and effective scheduling of employees.
- Conduct regular training sessions to enhance the skills and knowledge of the housekeeping staff.
CLOSING DATE: 08 February 2024