Workshop Technician Job
cleanergy solutions - walvis bay, namibia
a month ago
: Coast (Walvis Bay)
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As a Workshop Technician, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient and safe operation of our Green Hydrogen Production Plant. This role offers an exciting opportunity for an individual with a strong mechanical engineering background and hands-on experience in the gas production industry, high pressure gas installation, automotive industry, plant maintenance, and maintenance systems.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- National diploma in mechanical engineering with extensive industry experience and achievements.
- Proven experience in the gas production industry, high pressure gas equipment installations, automotive industry, plant maintenance, and maintenance systems.
- Operational Expertise: Execute and oversee maintenance and repair activities within the facility, ensuring optimal functionality and reliability of equipment and systems.
- Technical Leadership: Lead a team of 1 to 2 employees, providing guidance, training, and support in achieving high standards of safety and operational efficiency.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues promptly to minimize downtime and enhance productivity.
- H2 Workshop: Assist in the conversion of diesel-fuelled trucks to hydrogen dual-fuel trucks, contributing to the transition to cleaner and more sustainable transportation solutions. Manage activities in the workshop, including but not limited to part inventory management, gas equipment assembly, and workshop housekeeping, ensuring a well-organized and efficient workspace.
- Plant Operation: Monitor and operate the plant, which has been designed for autonomous operation, with occasional intervention required at critical control points to ensure the facility's seamless performance.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to and enforce strict safety protocols, ensuring a secure work environment for all personnel.
- Execute other duties as and when required.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and SAP PM.
- Effective communication and excellent coordination abilities.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a hands-on and proactive approach.
- Dedication to safety and quality in all aspects of work.
CLOSING DATE: 05 FEBRUARY 2024
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3751