kraatz marine pty ltd - walvis bay, namibia
a month ago
Department : KM Workshop
Line Manager : Toby Michael William Betts
Purpose of Position:
Manage and coordinate all engineering operations throughout workshops. This includes system optimisation, resource management and driving efficiencies to ensure success.
- Degree / Diploma / National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management (PMI)
- 8-10 years of which 3 years managerial
- Technical drawings and drawing software experience
Contract and Project Management
- Produce project plans and detailed work breakdown structure and continuously updates.
- Provide technical advice and support to Foremen/Supervisors on interpretation of customer requirements.
- Ensure forecast labour hours and duration are prepared with the assistance of the Foreman.
- Ensure customer requirements are clearly specified.
- Control labour hours against budgets.
- Control costs against estimates and manage profitability of projects.
Estimation and Revenue Forecasting
- Ensure cost estimates and quotes for prospective clients are done accurately and timeously.
- Ensure invoices are processed and delivered timely.
- Maintenance budgeting.
- Ensure supervisors understand the requirements of the job.
- Ensure timeous quoting on additional works.
- Ensure accurate forecasts and progress at WIP meetings, including cash flow.
- Monitor and report any deviation from forecast or budget timeously in terms of schedule and budget.
Planning and Management of Sub-Contractors
- To source and contract in the most cost effective, experienced and efficient sub-contractor for the specific job.
- Monitor progress, update programmes and manage catch up strategies.
- Ensure regular site meetings are held.
Enforcement of Safety and Quality
- Ensure that housekeeping and Safety in your business unit is at acceptable standards. through the delegation of responsibilities to applicable supervisors.
- Ensure that quality control standards as per contractual requirements are met.
- Ensure that safety standards as per contractual requirements are met.
- Attend to and address quality control issues raised by the quality control officer and escalate if necessary.
- Attend to and address safety issues raised by the safety officer and escalate if necessary.
Management of Discipline
- Manage the performance of teams according to company standards and procedures.
- Handle employee grievances according to company procedures.
- Provide input into the formulation of functional unit strategy.
- Implement and execute departmental and individual strategy to support Opco strategy.
- Supervise workshop employees to ensure that he/she completes all tasks according to standard.
- Lead teams toward an inspiring future, impacting engagement, spirit and resilience.
- Foster an environment where employees are free to communicate, impacting creativity and innovation.
- Provide mentorship to team members on a regular basis with regards to technical skills transfer and working together in a team.
- Demonstrate leadership in line with Company values, breakthrough architecture and O&L Persona.
- Mastery of concepts and principles of a specialist field (ie technical engineering)
- Ability to manage other professionals in this field
- Detailed knowledge of O&L Breakthrough Strategy and Culture is required.
- Must be able to apply knowledge of O&L Breakthrough Strategy and Behaviours in formulating processes, practices, systems, initiatives for a Functional unit in order to inspire breakthrough outcomes
- Networking, Relationship management
- Interpersonal skills, conflict management, Emotional intelligence
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.