chief engineering officer team c
Debmarine Namibia - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
YOUR ROLE AS CHIEF ENGINEERING OFFICER YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Controls all engineering activities onboard the vessel whilst at sea by supervising the team to ensure proper operation and maintenance of propulsion machinery and auxiliaries, mining equipment and treatment plant, and deck machinery.
- Co-ordinates shutdowns by planning maintenance to be completed and manages planned maintenance programme.
- Improves the effectiveness and efficiency of engineering processes and systems.
- Adheres to and promotes Company policies and procedures relating to health, safety, security and environmental issues.
- Manages and develops human resources.
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Excellent planning, organising and controlling skills
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Stong leadership skills with high ethical standards and should be self-motivated
- NQF 6 with relevant Maritime study qualifications
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency Chief Engineering unlimited (>3000kW)
- Eight years relevant experience which includes 5 years minimum at a Second Engineers level on a vessel >3000kW
- Marine mining experience would be an advantage
- SAP knowledge would be an advantage
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: 26 JANUARY 2024