Materials Handling Ges – Zambia
Africa Personnel Services - zambia
2 months ago
Core Purpose of the Position:
- Supervise work crews and coordinate their health and safety
- Coordinate material and equipment required for assigned task
- Ensure assigned work conforms to quality, time and productivity requirements
- Ensures orderly production and distribution of products by pulling orders from inventory, delivering production materials and supplies where needed, and staging finished product final distribution.
- Contributes to the orderly operation of stock and/or materials storage area.
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labelling, and keeping materials and supplies in stock, recording location of inventory, and reporting shortages.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Maintains in-process inventory at work canters by delivering and opening materials and supplies.
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections and making operator repairs.
- Operates forklifts, pallet jacks, and other machinery to move items, or signals machine operators to move materials onto and off trucks.
- Train and adheres to workplace safety regulations
- Identifying and implementing Improvements in the maintenance and repair of the rock breaker, crusher, Mineral sizer, Shaft, Conveyor belts equipment to improve availability.
- To keep up to date with and have an awareness of new products and new improved working methods that can add value by improving quality and reducing costs.
- Compliance to work order attachments and documents such as JSAs, Work Procedures, SWIs, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental Management systems, policies and procedures along with ensuring that all risks have been identified, managed and safe working environment is maintained.
- Must have a sound understanding of hydraulic systems and repair procedures.
- Applicant must have a sound mechanical experience background.
- Must have experience with and have maintained machinery operated or in conjunction with hydraulic systems.
- Troubleshooting ability on hydraulic systems and machinery
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Time management and ensuring quality service
Professional Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Grade 12 Certificate
- GCC(Government certificate of competency) in Engineer is a MUST
- Trade qualification is a MUST
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an underground and surface operations
Key Performance Indicators (KPI / KPA)
- Team player self-motivated and conscientious
- Ability to work with others and achieve objectives
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Technical skills and be willing to learn and adapt to circumstances and conditions.
- Must have a mechanical background and be willing to learn.
- Must be able to identify and rally necessary resources.
- Bold initiative
- Upholding Quality
- Ability to read and analyze Information
- Adept at handling multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency with prioritizing and meeting multiple deadlines
- Process improvement mindset
- Knowledge of inventory control
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Perform duties in compliance with safety regulations
- Estimate time, materials, equipment and manpower required to complete projects safely and efficiently through the entire cycle of work, from beginning of estimate to completion of project.
- Multitask and set priorities effectively
- Ability to supervise projects
- Able to handle work related pressure and make critical decisions in accordance with company procedure
- Ability to supervise adequately
- Computer literate
CLOSING DATE: 31 January 2024