forensic manager | risk advisory
deloitte - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where youll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
Supports business area leadership in the implementation of strategic plan. Focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development. Develop high-performing people, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Key Performance areas:
- Primarily manage forensics engagements, including investigations, fraud prevention services and the Tip-Offs Anonymous service;
- As a secondary focus, manage a small portfolio of internal audit clients and manage some ad-hoc internal audit engagements
Budgets / Profitability
- Manage engagement budget through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management;
- Monitor that time and expenses on engagement are accurately recorded and submitted weekly;
- Manage WIP on engagement and ensure billings are timeously done and collections followed up.
- Create Growth opportunities through winning business;
- Contribute to new business proposals and proposal development;
- Identifies opportunities to sell Deloitte services on current and proposed engagements where appropriate;
- Scans for business development / add-on sales opportunities; organizes these efforts under the direction of others.
- Assist clients with conducting interviews during the course of a forensic investigation in order to accurately identify all parties involved in the criminal activity;
- Conduct analysis and audit complex financial and business records to support investigations and prosecutions;
- Perform project tasks independently, and direct the efforts of others;
- Managing and consulting to a portfolio of medium to large corporate clients;
- Extensive client liaison and engagement with related stakeholders;
- Managing and/or contributing to overall Deloitte office roles and functions;
- Prepares project plan to meet objectives within established budget and timeline and recognizes when plans should be adjusted to meet objectives;
- Develops budget, scope and staffing recommendations based on understanding of client budget and project economics;
- Communicates business objectives and desired outcomes to guide the work of others;
- Ensures that teams work meets quality assurance standards and that all relevant risks have been identified and appropriately addressed;
- Recognizes potential independence or related issues and takes appropriate action, including consultation with subject matter experts as necessary.
Reporting and Presentations
- Ability to increase quality, accuracy, and impact of reports and presentations by leveraging critical thinking, experience, and judgment;
- Ensures accuracy and validity of clients reports by critically analyzing hypothesis, conclusions, and recommendations;
- Maintains expert knowledge in the use of data, service line innovation, benchmarks, and business metrics to make critical decisions.
Knows the Business and the Industry
- Ability to build an in-depth knowledge of the clients business and stay up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends, innovation efforts, and leading practices;
- Participates in business and / or industry groups to build knowledge of economic, industry, and market conditions;
- Identifies relevant trends, practices, and market conditions that merit discussion with the client;
- Discusses business trends and industry practices with confidence;
- Builds personal brand and supports eminence building in chosen industry
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Accounting, Business, Finance or other Business-related field;
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Accountant (CA) and/or Certified Forensic Examiner (CFE);
- 4 years of relevant Forensic, Investigative, or Discovery industry experience;
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment;
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience;
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools; and
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role.
Behavioural Competencies Required:
- An excellent communicator, analytical, organised, structured and result orientated approach to work
- Strong planning, organizational and inter-personal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to tolerate pressure
- Strong numerical skills and solid analytical skills
- Time management/deadline driven
- Ability to see bigger picture without missing the detail
- Respect for diversity and awareness of different cultures
Ability to take charge and display initiative.
At Deloitte you have the opportunity to develop your talents and capabilities and be in the driving seat of your career. Our unique culture, commitment to continuous learning and accessible leadership encourages personal initiative and rewards innovative thinking. Whatever your age, gender or culture, you'll make more of your career at Deloitte.
Interested Applicants must remember to submit a detailed CV's by 16 January 2024
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at workin every country, in everything we do, every day.We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. Weseek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.