Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
2 months ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To assist in maintaining an efficient integrated data management system in order to assist in the smooth running of the office of the Head of Department, by providing administrative, secretarial and clerical support to the Management team.
Key Performance Areas:
- Receive and screen incoming telephone calls of department and decide on how communication is to be handled.
- Screen queries and vet requests for appointments, re-direct enquiries to responsible personnel where applicable and personally resolve as many queries as possible.
- Update managers diary, schedule meetings and appointments and prepare weekly/monthly programme for approval and dispatch to relevant personnel.
- Arrange meetings, venues and notify relevant personnel.
- Retrieve and / or compile necessary documentation for manager prior to meetings (e.g. minutes, agendas, relevant reports, technical information).
- Assist to plan, prepare and arrange functions when required i.e. draw up guest list and liaise with relevant sections for necessary services.
- Raise Purchase Requisitions, notifications and works orders as and when required.
- Take minutes of various meetings, prepare for approval by the chairperson / manager and distribute copies.
- Make local and international travel and accommodation arrangements and draw up travel itineraries for managers and visitors.
- Maintain the Department document archive and liaise with relevant section in OOC.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects.
- Office Administration / Secretarial certificate. (Office Administration Diploma is a distinct advantage.)
- 2 years experience in general office administration.
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License