Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
2 months ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide advanced technical support and guidance to ensure maximum equipment availability at optimum cost.
Key Performance Areas:
- Support a technical team to ensure that the technical aspects of the maintenance function in area of responsibility and associated safety procedures are fully and clearly understood and continuously applied and improved.
- Perform technical inspections and review of maintenance schedules and repair of equipment in area of responsibility.
- Prioritize, schedule and coordinate the technical aspects of the work assigned to the technical team to ensure compliance.
- Ensure quality workmanship and maintenance improvement.
- Perform advanced technical fault finding application and/or tasks on equipment.
- Ensure maintenance compliance and improvement within original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications.
- Liaise with (OEM) Technicians to maintain good relationships in order to solve and/or trouble-shoot any maintenance issues as per standard procedures and specifications.
- Perform pre-maintenance risk assessments to ensure safe completion of work.
- Report to Line regarding work completed including unusual technical tasks.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects.
- National Technical Diploma (N6) or equivalent with a National Vocational Trade Certificate (N3) in Mechanical or Electrical field.
- Minimum 3 years post trade experience in an engineering environment.
- Experience in Komatsu / Caterpillar / Bell / Epiroc HME.
- Experience in CMMS maintenance related modules will be an added advantage.
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License.