Hostel Matron (Mururani -Sanc Campus)
Welwitchia Health Training Centre - mururani, namibia
2 months ago
- The Hostel Matron is responsible for the overall smooth operations of the hostel facility through managing and administering student hostel admissions, overseeing the allocation of rooms, and ensuring that students' living areas are adequately resourced, well maintained, comfortable and conducive.
- The Hostel Matron also plays a pivotal role in the planning and administration of student meals.
- The position is responsible for student well-being in the hostels including matters of health, safety, pastoral services student discipline, parental consultations, organisation of hostel related student events, security working closely with student affairs in such matters.
- Compliance and general administration are key aspects of the position.
- National Diploma in Hospitality Management or
- National Vocational Certificate in Hospitality Management at level 3 with a minimum experience of 5 years in a similar position.
- Health and safety certification is an added advantage.
- Valid Code B drivers licence.
- Ability to make appropriate assessments and independent judgments and take initiative.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Accommodation & admission management knowledge.
- Basic knowledge in counselling.