Statistician Grade 8 (Windhoek)
Khomas Regional Council - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
GENERIC JOB CATEGORY DESCRIPTION
The Statistician conducts research and compiles regional data based on population and statistics in the region. To update regional data and advice council and stakeholders on population and statistics related issues.
- Collect, compile and analyze regional data.
- Assess and interpret regional for decision making.
- Conduct regional research and report to council and other stakeholders through the chain of command.
- Compile sub divisional reports.
- Monitor, Evaluate and verify regional data on population, unemployment, diseases, poverty and socio-economic issues.
- Liaise with Central Bureau of statistics in the NPC and harmonize regional data.
- Establish and maintain a regional socio-economic database for planning and development purposes and to measure rural development and the effect on poverty alleviation.
- Analyze regional and local statistical data and relevant information.
- Monitor and evaluate changes and trends of socio-economic data.
- Coordinate the compilation of socio-economic data and information for planning purposes.
- Identify sources of information and application information technology systems for the establishment regional data base.
- Distribute information on the socio-economic development indicators of the region to relevant stakeholders at all levels.
- Perform any work related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the immediate Supervisor.
An appropriate B. degree or equivalent qualification on NQF L7, majoring in one or more of the following subjects: Mathematics, Mathematics Statistics, Econometrics, Operational Research, Statistics, Economy, Accountancy, Demography, Computer Science, Sociology, Geography, and one of more of the above mentioned as additional subjects.
- Candidate must posses skills in Data analysis
- Be comfortable in the use of SPSS/Excel/Stata/R
- Must have report-writing skills