Control Administrative Officer Grade 6 (Windhoek)
Khomas Regional Council - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
GENERIC JOB CATEGORY DESCRIPTION
This position is the overhead supervisory level with the administering and drafting of legislation and prescriptions; interpretation of and advice on legislation and prescriptions; the processing and consideration of applications and representations; the analyzing of statistics and information; the execution of inspection; and the performance of tasks which flow from (a) above which are of an advanced nature such as the drafting of memoranda to cabinet, the rendering of specialized aid with identification and determination of needs, the arrangement for and control of the procurement, storing, provisioning, maintenance, utilization and disposal of all means (eg, equipment, accommodation and services)other than personnel
- Creates platforms to solicit inputs from Constituency Development Committee (CDC) on project proposals.
- Assist in the development of Strategic, Management plans and Project formulation.
- Provide monthly reports both to the Constituency Councilor and Deputy Director Administration.
- Ensure the existence of inventory registers at Constituency Office.
- Organize proper handling of correspondences (incoming/outgoing mail).
- Identify constituency training and staffing needs/resources.
- Ensure the existence of proper filling systems.
- Organize community meetings on request of the Councilor.
- Ensure minute-taking and submission of CDC minute to the Regional Council.
- Ensure that all purchases at Constituency Office are done according to the approved procurement procedure.
- Inform IT personnel of any IT related problems
- Provide support services in relation to emergency management activities.
- Attend to customer complaints/inputs/suggestions on basic services to relevant service providers.
- Coordinate development projects at Constituency level and communicate any relevant concerns to the Directorate Planning.
- Assist in the distribution of food and non-food items at constituency office.
- Ensure that stock-taking takes place occasionally.
- Ensure the supervision of staff at Constituency office.
- Implement, monitor and evaluate annual work plan and produce monthly progress reports.
- Submit budget proposals to the Deputy Director Administration in consultation with the Councilor and monitor and evaluate Constituency Office budget and ensure compliance.
- Oversee the cleanliness and image of Constituency Office.
- Carry out performance assessment.
- Carry out any other official duties assigned from time to time.
An appropriate National Diploma or equivalent qualification (NQF Level 6) plus 6 years appropriate experience.