Community Liaison Officer Grade 9 (Hiv/Aids) (Windhoek)
Khomas Regional Council - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
GENERIC JOB CATEGORY DESCRIPTION
The incumbent is involved in the implementation of HIV/AIDS functions at the constituency level. In carrying out the functions, the incumbent interprets national policy and standards, implements and monitors approved activities for the constituencies.
- Support projects for orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) in the region.
- Ordering and distribution of condoms and Information Education Communication (IEC) material.
- Coordinate community awareness/ sensitization on HIV/AIDS, TB and Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STIs) and Malaria.
- Provide secretariat support to Regional Aids Coordinating Committee (RACOC) and preparation of minutes and agenda.
- Conduct support visits to the Constituency Aids Coordinating Committees (CACOCs).
- Identify income generating projects and submit to the supervisor for consideration.
- Monitor and evaluate the HIV/AIDS activities in the constituencies.
- Perform any work related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the immediate Supervisor.
An appropriate National Diploma or equivalent qualification at NQF Level 6.
- Candidate must be in a position of an appropriate National Diploma in HIV/AIDS Management or any social-related qualification.