Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
2 months ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To coordinate, monitor, optimize and research safe, efficient mining processes (plan and design) in order to achieve mine production targets for continuous improvement in mining and processing efficiencies.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide input, monitor and review mining procedures / standards and adherence thereof.
- Provide input into the mining budget.
- Ensure that all technical processes are performed in compliance with the approved standards
- Complete short-term mine plans and technical plans and ensure compliance.
- Develop and initiate continuous improvement projects and techniques to achieve mining productivity and efficiencies.
- Maintain / monitor Fleet Management systems health & data integrity to ensure systems continuity.
- Ensure all Technical plans are signed off and uploaded on the Fleet Management systems.
- Conduct high wall inspections with Geo technical team and spearhead modifications of all concerns raised.
- Analyze mining process results and prepare relevant reports.
- Use Fleet Management applications, production reports and data analysis to proactively monitor operational performance and identify mitigating / improvement actions.
- Provide timely guidance to the department on safe mine planning and operational issues, including mining perimeter layout and activities sequencing.
- Continuously improve performance by implementing best practice standards to ensure safety and quality are maintained in the work areas covered at all times.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects.
- BSc / B. Tech degree in Mining Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in open pit mining environment.
- Open Pit Blasting Certificate will be an advantage.
- Registration with Engineering Council of Namibia will be an advantage.
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License.