trainee crawler pilot
Debmarine Namibia - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
The Trainee Crawler Pilot programme will be for a period of 24 months at sea, and consists of theoretical modules and on the job experiential training. During the period offshore, the Trainee will complete ancillary safety and technical training.
JOB DEVELOPMENT AREAS:
- Monitoring weather and heave conditions in relation to vessel movement and crawler position to optimize the movement of the vessel and crawler at all times, ensuring safe operation.
- Monitoring the progress of the ore extraction and adjusting the crawler parameters to suit seabed conditions by controlling mining parameters.
- Carrying out maintenance on the process line through the crawler and riser string to ball joint as well as maintenance of entire crawler.
- Capturing relevant mining operations data and undertaking repairs and services of the crawler at regular intervals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12
- A National Vocational Diploma (Fitter/Turner, Electrician & Instrumentation) with N3 in Mathematics and Engineering Science.
- At least 3 years post trade experience.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
The successful candidate must be committed to learning and should have excellent coordination abilities, observation, communication and concentration skills, and should be computer literate, energetic, self-driven and able to work in a team.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGE TO APPLY
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process via the Company website: www.debmarinenamibia.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
Closing Date: 22 December 2023