trainee seabed tool pilot
Debmarine Namibia - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
The Trainee Seabed Tool Pilot programme will be for a period of 24 months at sea, and consists of theoretical modules and on the job experiential training. During the period offshore, the Trainee will complete ancillary safety and technical training.
JOB DEVELOPMENT AREAS:
- Operate the seabed tool during sampling operations and maintain the mission equipment (seabed tool and launch & recovery system) to deliver optimum availability and utilization of equipment, whilst ensuring sample integrity.
- Optimizing the operations of the sampling tool and safe operation.
- Monitoring the progress of the sample extraction and adjusts parameters to suit seabed conditions.
- Capturing relevant sampling data and equipment service and maintenance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12
- A National Vocational Diploma (Fitter/Turner, Electrician & Instrumentation) with N3 in Mathematics and Engineering Science.
- At least 3 years post trade experience.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
The successful candidate must be committed to learning and should have excellent coordination abilities, observation, communication and concentration skills, and should be computer literate, energetic, self-driven and able to work in a team.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGE TO APPLY
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process via the Company website: www.debmarinenamibia.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
Closing Date: 22 December 2023