Debmarine Namibia - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
The Trainee Production Driller will participate in a focused development programme for a minimum period of 24 months consisting of theoretical modules and on-thejob experiential, sea-going training. The Trainee will receive intensive training on the drilling equipment and will be assessed after completion of each module.
JOB DEVELOPMENT AREAS:
- Optimizing the movement of the vessel and drilling at all times, ensuring maximum production by monitoring weather, overburden volumes and heave conditions related to movement and drill times.
- Monitoring the progress of the ore extraction and adjusting the drilling parameters to suit seabed conditions by controlling all parameters including bit pressures, rotation spreads, com-pressed air and compensation cushion flow.
- Carrying out drilling in the quickest, safest, and most economical way possible by modifying drill bit operating parameters.
- Assisting the Snr Driller in ensuring effective recovering and running of the drill string.
- Controlling and following up on all drill floor planned maintenance through regular inspections.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12
- A National Vocational Diploma (Fitter/Turner, Millwright, Electrician, Diesel Mechanic & Instrumentation) with N3 in Mathematics and Engineering Science.
- At least 2 years post trade experience.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
The successful candidate must be committed to learning and should have excellent coordination abilities, observation, communication and concentration skills, and should be computer literate, energetic, self-driven and able to work in a team.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGE TO APPLY
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process via the Company website: www.debmarinenamibia.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
Closing Date: 22 December 2023