Technician: Laboratory Job
O&L - windhoek, namibia
3 months ago
Department : HL Quality
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To monitor and control the chemical, microbial, weight and organoleptic quality of all the products (incoming, in process and final product) bytesting and recording laboratory and system results and monitoring/ communicating out of spec results, in order to achieve set specifications of the individual product ranges. Continuously review and improve the laboratory processes, to ensure that it is of adherence to the ISO standards and Food Safety standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- B.Sc. Degree in Food Science /Microbiology
- 2 years experience in a similar field
2 years experience in a Laboratory, preferably in the food Industry/ FMCG environment.
KEY JOB OUTPUTS:
- Test all incoming raw product, in processed and final product samples as per sampling plan in line with quality specific work instructions.
- Record all sample result timeously on the correct data sheet.
- Perform analysis and re-tests on non-conforming products and customer complaints.
- Provide feedback of out of spec results to Superior and relevant Team Leader.
- Complete and maintain lab results and check sheets and lab equipment.
- Provide recommendations for new ways of testing and quality systems improvement to Superior.
- Perform inventory and management of Lab consumables.
- Perform stock rotation and FIFO on laboratory consumables to minimize stock and material losses.
- Report early warnings on out of stock/low on stock levels to Superior.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Written communication
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
Closing Date : 08 December 2023
This position is subject to a pre-employment screening and vetting process, and by applying for this position, Applicants acknowledge that they are aware that the Company reserves the right to carry out screening / pre-employment vetting of all shortlisted Applicants.Certificate of Conduct issued by the Namibian Police (not older than 6 months) will be required from shortlisted Applicants.
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3649