Application Support Manager(Sp8)- It:Card Platform
Capricorn Group Limited - windhoek, namibia
19 days ago
Application Support Manager(SP8)- IT:Card Platform
Listing reference: capgh_000214
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 28 November 2023
The Application Support Manager (ASM) will lead the application support analyst and application administrator team members in an agile manner. This position is responsible for leading and overseeing all aspects of application support and testing in the IT Card Platform. The ASM acts as a technical subject matter expert throughout the lifecycle of all assigned applications in the platform. The ASM will build and foster strong relations with agile development teams and 3rd Party vendors to continually improve, support, communicate and align between development and operational team members. Using metrics, KPIs and observation, identify trends, anticipate problems, perform root cause analyses, and work across IT disciplines to implement preventative measures to ensure IT Service Level Agreement (SLA) targets are met and maintained. The ASM together with his/her team will prioritize and fix non-development related configurations and administrative issues across the entire application ecosystem for the IT Card platform, ensuring operational excellence and excellent customer service. The ASM will work closely with the Platform Product Owners and Scrum Masters and contribute towards the product backlog focusing on spikes, production support (bug fixes, enhancements, configurations, updates, etc.) and technical refactoring. The ASM has a significant role in test and implementation quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept test cases and deployment guides as done and ready for Change Control. This is a Capricorn Group role with CIG entity responsibility.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPAs)
The Application Support Manager duties includes the following:
- Apply a DevOps mindset that guides behavior and decision making.
- Manages the timely resolution of day-to-day technical issues.
- Manage Application Support queue by triaging, prioritizing, and assigning incoming tickets, and driving them to closure in a timely accurate manner within IT SLA.
- Acting as a hierarchal point of escalation and co-ordinate response to critical issues raised in the platform.
- Serve as key point of contact for all matters related to Application Support and Testing in the platform, including implementation, strategy, and initiatives to deliver consistent high-quality service.
- Proactively look for ways to improve uptime, alerting, and efficiencies of systems
- Proactively manage communications pertaining to application support, operations, changes, outages, and issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Collaborate with agile development teams by presenting recommendations for improvement based on insight gained through on-going involvement and support efforts.
- Coordinate communication with customers and customer-facing teams during planned incidents (i.e. scheduled downtime for maintenance)
- Coordinate major incidents by validating, troubleshooting, contacting technical teams, and sending out communication.
- Facilitate the root cause analysis (RCA) process to identify issues and communicate appropriately to internal or external stakeholders.
- Identify and mitigate risks to the availability of applications and proactively address and resolve issues before they impact service levels.
- Provides KPI's, Metrics, Benchmarks and trend analysis reporting to Management / Leadership daily, weekly, monthly and as needed.
- Monitor, manage and analyze daily workload for opportunities. Identifying trends and deliver on strategies to reduce overall ticket volumes.
- Partners with management / leadership in developing the IT Service Management maturity and roadmap; Incident Management, Change, Configuration, Problem and Knowledge Management as related to Application Support.
- Participate in resource management meetings to identify resource-requirements and to ensure optimal productivity levels delivered by all technical resources.
- Creates and maintains technical troubleshooting help articles.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies that directly affect platform applications.
- Ensure that all systems are regularly updated, and software patches installed.
- Minimize repeat incidents. - Repeat incidents are defined as, incidents that primarily occur due to a previously identified failed control, process, configuration and/or technology.
- Ensure that incidents are captured on ManageEngine (ME) in accordance with the Capricorn Group IT Service Management Policy.
- Consult directly with users to assess their needs and then create and implement a strategy to improve either the business or application in collaboration with the Platform Owner.
- Support and maintain internal platform applications by becoming technically familiar with those being utilized.
- Ensure Automated front end testing is performed by the team members to reduce any type of manual testing effort.
- Ensure that the application administrators are well equipped and capable to do automated deployments between various environments (DEV, UAT, Training and PROD) via AzureDevOps.
- Maintain application configuration including user security
- Create knowledge base documentation for End User Support (EUS)
- Interpret, author and update technical and user documentation as needed
- Participate and contribute in agile team ceremonies (Daily Standup, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, PI Planning, etc.)
- Represent the platform at Change Control and make sure change requests are logged on time, all relevant documents are attached, and all stakeholders approve the change request.
- Setup and facilitate Pre and Post deployment ceremonies with all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures and drives an engaged culture
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, leadership ability, teamwork, and positive attitude.
- PC literate and comfortable with learning new technologies
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Works well within a team environment as well as individually
- Must have excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Must demonstrate sound analytical skills.
- Deciding, Initiating Action, Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting and Communicating Information including Writing and Reporting
- Planning and Organizing
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a combination of experience and industry-specific training/qualifications, E.g. MasterCard, Visa and/or other equivalent Card & Payments interventions.
- SAFe Scrum Master and SAFE DevOps certification will be an added advantage
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team E.g. ACI Postilion suits, ISO8583, will be an added advantage
- Any IT Service Management related certification will be an added advantage
Experience/Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in mission critical service delivery. Understands the urgency and importance of systems up-time in a rapidly growing environment.
- Capability to create and manage service level agreements with internal and external customers
- Prior Postilion experience preferred
- Experience leading and/or working on project teams
- Proven experience supporting mission critical IT applications
- Knowledge in the following areas required:
- Windows desktop and server operating systems
- SQL and programming languages
- Strong communication and technical skills with the ability to quickly grasp technical issues/concepts
- Dissect high-level information into details and is able to communicate details in a manner understood by relevant audiences
- Your ability to drill down into the details of a delivery request without losing sight of the big picture
- Should have good functional knowledge of Banking (Retail, Investment, Corporate and Commercial)
- Fast learner; able to learn new software solutions, business processes and design techniques quickly and efficiently in order to support and maintain the applications
- Ability to make critical judgement decisions and solid organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to understand, work with, and shape the vision of customers and stakeholders
- Core Banking Solutions (Phoenix, Postilion, etc) knowledge and experience
- 5 years Card Payment experience
- 3 years of progressive experience with large scale application stack support
- 3 years of lead or management experience in a Card Payments service delivery environment