General Farm Worker Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - okahandja, namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To support the operations of farm enterprises through maintaining a culture of health and safety, engaging with third parties, maintaining crop, animal handling and health and maintenance and cleanliness of machinery.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Grade 10
- Minimum 2-year experience
- Drivers License Code B
- Carrying out routine farm work in accordance with business standards and under the instruction of the Farm Manager.
- Cleaning machinery, monitoring, and recording livestock (livestock checks)
- Maintain satisfactory environment for the animals such as ensuring clean bedding, water, and shelter.
- Restrain and handle animals in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Operate agricultural vehicles relevant to the business safely in line with company standard operating procedures.
- Check and maintain field boundaries.
- Prepare and maintain crop/forage storage as per instruction such as monitoring pests, vermin in crop or bulk bins and temperature monitoring.
- Monitor and maintain farm infrastructure, machinery and non-production areas as instructed, such as checking oil in farm machinery, maintaining fences, general building maintenance.
- Maintain animal or plant health performance, conducting routine, tasks and assisting with general record keeping practices.
- Manage the storage of forage and crop, minimizing waste and disposing of necessary waste appropriately.
- Always adhere to company code of conduct and house rules.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
- Inspires Innovation
- Deliver Extraordinary results.
28 November 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3632