junior consultant / consultant| tax
deloitte - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
About the team:
The Tax Business Unit of Deloitte is looking for talented Namibian candidates to join as Junior Consultant or Consultant. The tax environment is complex and dynamic, which makes accurate and reliable professional advice on tax matters imperative. Our clients can rely on us to meet this need and in a proactive manner.
Main Purpose of Job:
The overall aim is the delivery of quality services to our clients according to Deloitte Tax standards, Deloitte policies and Deloitte ethical principles.
Key Performance Areas:
Under guidance, supporting on delivery of designated Tax engagements/projects, and managing the implementation of agreed deliverables;
- Delivering client service according to relevant Deloitte standards, policies and ethical principles;
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations on request;
- Generating innovative solutions on projects/engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance/renew service offerings to clients;
- Collecting, assimilating and analysing relevant data using standard tools and data visualizations to help surface insights and solutions;
- Building and maintaining relationships with the client and relevant Government ministries;
- Conducting research on the client, understanding the clients goals and needs, and communicating regularly with the client;
- Developing knowledge of service areas and Deloitte tax service delivery models;
- Attending to tax compliance by understanding the different tax rules;
- Identifying risk and issues and documents with technical support;
- Identifying legislative changes that are applicable to the client and raising these with the client team;
- Developing a solid understanding in Tax Accounting and the compliance and planning aspects of tax;
- Gathering information to prepare returns including content of relevant returns;
- Preparing tax returns and refunds, calculations of risk and potential penalties, and following up with appropriate authorities;
- Using Deloitte tools and technology resources to prepare tax returns and interest for delayed payments;
- Performing basic technical, risk, and opportunity analyses based on client facts and circumstances, trade flows, and processes;
- Applying compliance obligations and timelines, rights and obligations of taxpayers in respect of all taxes;
- Joining meetings with tax authorities to discuss client issues;
- Keeping up to date with tax authority and Deloitte strategies and policies;
- Interpreting client data and utilising data for compliance and consulting purposes;
- Sharing knowledge, ideas, and information with others; and
Contributing ideas to develop solutions, consulting with others as appropriate
- BCom(Acc); BCom(LLB); CA or other relevant degree,
- 2 4years taxexperience;
- Postgraduate qualification in Taxation will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease;
- Focus on quality and risk; and
- Sound problem solving ability.
Candidateshould be fluent in English and have a valid drivers license. We are committed to establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at workin every country, in everything we do, every day.We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. Weseek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.