Senior Engineer: Mining Planning
Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
a month ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide technical expertise to improve the operational efficiencies and optimise Life of Mine. To coordinate and engage diversified portfolios of planning, long term fleet management projects and related production infrastructures to aid the production processes in the Open Pit in order to achieve safe and efficient excavation.
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage and monitor open pit planning processes and associated activities.
- Propose alternative mining methods for mining to ensure equipment efficiencies and plan compliance, for the medium & long-term viability of the mine.
- Investigate problems and improve production efficiencies.
- Identify, design and implement best mining practices for continuous improvement and increased efficiencies.
- Design & plan mining configurations for optimum ore recovery, safety and efficient loading and hauling.
- Identify and implement relevant software systems and carry out simulations, analyse results and implement designs based on these.
- Identify opportunity for continual pit optimization and ensure that loading and hauling operations are designed, planned and carried out in a safe manner and that the operation objectives are achieved on time within budget, and without any adverse effect on the environment.
- Ensure production program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and that risk assessments are adequately conducted.
- Guide Engineers in the preparation of daily & weekly production review reports and plans.
- Participate in drafting the annual load & haul and drilling section budgets
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects.
- B. Sc./B.Tech Degree in Mining Engineering
- 7 years mining experience in an open pit-mining environment.
- Production management & planning experience is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in working with 3D planning software (Datamine OP/Surpac / Mineshed etc.)
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Engineering Council of Namibia.
- Code B or BE/ CE Drivers License.