Head Chef: Brewer & Butcher Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - swakopmund, namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the food production and efficient management of the kitchen and ultimately the total guest culinary experience. This position is responsible for controlling and directing the food preparation process, HACCP processes as well as menu creation and costing.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Diploma: Culinary Arts\Professional Cookery
- HACCP Trained
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Head Chef in a 4/5-star hotel and restaurant operations, international experience is essential.
- Experience in producing degustation menus.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Day to day management of the kitchen operation
- Menu creation and costings
- Management of prime cost
- Guest culinary experience.
- Driving food and beverage efficiencies
- Training and development of the kitchen team
- Contributes to Revenue Control by sharing responsibility for the restaurants financial performance and long-term sustainability.
- Ensure brand and quality standards are always maintained.
- Leading the team to drive strategic goals.
- Driving HACCP standards in the department.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
- Inspires Innovation
- Deliver Extraordinary results.
This position is subject to a pre-employment screening and vetting process. By applying for this position, applicants acknowledge that they are aware that the Company reserves the right to carry out screening / pre-employment vetting of all shortlisted applicants.
Certificate of Conduct issued by the Namibian Police (not older than 6 months) will be required from shortlisted Applicants.
Closing date: 25 November 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3629