Assistant Site Manager
Africa Personnel Services - namibia
a month ago
As an assistant site manager, you will report to the site manager. Your main duties will include, amongst others, managing production site in the absence of the production manager, supporting the production manager in all his daily tasks, thereby ensuring the smooth running of the daily harvest and retort operations to achieve production targets. A major important aspect of the daily role is to ensure compliance with highest ESG standards. To be successful as an assistant site manager, you should demonstrate ability in managing production resources and budgets under the supervision of the senior site manager. Outstanding Assistant Site Managers are proactive in avoiding delays to production and unnecessary expenses.
- Reporting to the site manager or other senior project managers as required.
- Weekly reporting of production statistics and relevant KPIs.
- Ensuring that ESG (environment, sustainability, governance) and safety standards are followed.
- Monitoring labour, material, and equipment budgets and curbing unnecessary expenses.
- Supervising on-site work and relaying instructions from senior project managers.
- Reporting any concerns that might negatively impact projected cost and time estimates.
- Ensuring that requirements, as specified by the client and senior management, are met.
- Procuring materials, labour, and equipment, as well as third-party subcontractors and suppliers.
- Preparing work schedules and sequencing onsite tasks.
- Collaborating with other project stakeholders as required.
- Related tertiary qualification.
- 2-5 years in a supervisory or assistant site manager role.
- Exceptional ability to monitor project budgets and deadlines.
- Extensive experience in a deadline-driven environment meeting production targets.
- Excellent communication skills.
Closing Date: 16 November 2023