Commi Chef: Brewer And Butcher Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - swakopmund, namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Assist in various food preparation and cooking tasks under the supervision of the Chef de Partie to meet the expected food quality standard and deliver consistent culinary experience.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Minimum of grade 12
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Commi Chef position
- Knowledge of Food Safety systems (HACCP)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Assist chefs with the food preparation process including ingredients, such as chopping vegetables, trimming meat, and measuring ingredients accurately according to recipes.
- Ensures that all mise-en-place is completed prior to food service periods.
- Always adhere to the proper cooking methods.
- Maintain and clean all equipment after use and ensure proper storage.
- Keep stores, refrigerators, and freezers in the department clean and tidy.
- Ensure labelling of dates are labelled on products according to requirements.
- Ensure daily kitchen Opening & Closing procedures are adhered to.
- Articulate and maintain developed standards, product knowledge and grooming.
- Manage and maintain food presentation according to the standard menu guide.
- Effectively support, control cleanliness and maintenance of the kitchens and stewarding area always and support daily checks done by supervisors.
- Adhere to HACCP regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and HACCP policies and procedures.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
- Inspires Innovation
- Deliver Extraordinary results
CLOSING DATE: 16 November 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3613