Sous Chef: Ocean Cellar Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - swakopmund, namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Sous Chef at Ocean Cellar is a pivotal member of the culinary team, working closely with the Head Chef to ensure the highest food quality standards are consistently met. This role involves planning, coordinating, facilitating, and supervising various aspects of food preparation, menu planning, and kitchen operations. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Minimum of a National Trade Certificate in Culinary Arts/Cookery.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Sous Chef in a 4* or 5* hotel operations or Michelin Star restaurant.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent knowledge of culinary arts and a passion for creating new and innovative dishes
- Knowledge of Micros, MC, EMC, and Jarrison will be added advantage.
- HACCP trained.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Collaborate with the Head Chef to plan and develop the restaurant's menu, emphasizing the delivery of unique seafood dishes with a focus on Abalone, Oysters, Sushi, and a mix of local and international seafood offerings.
- Supervise Kitchen Operations and Inspects preparation of food to ensure high quality and compliance to all standards and procedures.
- Assign and delegate tasks to Chefs and Cook in Kitchen Production line.
- Check that all mise-end-place is prepared for food service and assists in the cooking and final preparation of dishes.
- Maintain and uplift the quality, presentation, and food on offer through effective supervision and on the job training of staff, as well as effective organization and planning.
- Assists in the daily routine checks on the physical state of repair and cleanliness of the equipment being used in the kitchen.
- Assists in the control of production costs and ensures food cost % is maintained.
- Assists in monitoring food and labour costs to maximize profitability without compromising quality.
- Controls food costs by minimizing waste and efficient use of resources.
- Manage stock levels and order kitchen supplies, ingredients, and equipment's from the stores.
- Assist in the induction and training of Kitchen Staff and maintain regular on-the-job training, with particular emphasis on personal hygiene and appearance, productivity, product knowledge, workflow, service and selling skills, appearance, attitude, and general compliance to the standard procedures.
- Adhere to HACCP regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and HACCP policies and procedures.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
- Inspires Innovation
- Deliver Extraordinary results.
Closing date: 16 November 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3617