Epc Project Manager
Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
The Project Manager will be responsible for the comprehensive management of the EPC Agreement, ensuring the seamless rollout of last-mile telecommunication infrastructure in Namibia. Reporting to the Contract Manager and senior management, the Project Manager will oversee project planning, construction, site inspection, and progress reporting. This role is essential for ensuring that all works are executed effectively and in accordance with our project goals, with reporting mechanisms in place to support various departments within our organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project Development: Identify and develop new projects, evaluating their feasibility and potential impact.
- EPC Workflow Management: Plan new projects, including assessing project requirements and timelines.
- Analyze quotes and designs to ensure they align with project objectives.
- Oversee the commencement of construction, coordinating with contractors and stakeholders.
- Monitor construction progress, identifying and addressing any issues that may arise.
- Conduct site inspections to ensure work quality and adherence to safety standards.
- Review contractor's tests and reports, verifying compliance with project specifications.
- Complete testing upon construction completion, ensuring all standards are met.
- Compile detailed progress and completion reports for management and stakeholders.
- Monitor site conditions during the Defects and Liability period, addressing any necessary remediation.
- Contractor Interface: Oversee the effective interface between the EPC Contractor, O&M Contractor, and Drop Contractor, ensuring seamless collaboration among all parties.
- Certificates and Payments: Compile certificates for payment, verifying that work milestones have been achieved and approving payments to contractors.
- Lender's Technical Advisors: Coordinate and oversee lender's technical advisors during site visits, providing necessary documentation and information.
- National diploma/degree in Civil or Electrical engineering.
- Project management certification.
- Minimum of 3 years of post-graduate experience in a relevant field.
- Previous experience as part of a team responsible for infrastructure deployment.
- Telecommunication experience will be considered an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong experience in managing projects and delivering project objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Well-developed project management skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet project requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong desire to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Possession of a valid driving license and access to personal transportation.
- Contactable references from previous employers are required, preferably from direct line managers.
Closing Date: 9 November 2023