Junior Feature Analyst (Sp5)- It Core Banking
Capricorn Group Limited - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
Junior Feature Analyst (SP5)- IT Core Banking
Listing reference: capgh_000212
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 9 November 2023
The Feature Analyst is accountable for guiding the clarification of the business requirements, through in-work collaboration with the business stakeholders, and working within the agile team to ensure these are delivered effectively end-to-end. The Feature Analyst will provide a more comprehensive view of the features within an epic, the functionality required to implement it, and the benefits it delivers to business. Feature Analysts have a broader end-to-end understanding of the epic / project, can work across multiple agile teams and product owners and really own the process from start to finish, while getting involved at a technical level of implementations
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPAs)
1. Responsibilities within the Agile Team
oCollaborate with the Product Owner to create and refine user stories and acceptance criteria
oParticipate in PI Planning and create Iteration plans and Team PI Objectives
oDevelop and commit to Team PI Objectives and iteration goals
oEstimate the size and complexity of features
oUse pairing and other practices for frequent review
oDetermine the technical design in their area of concern, within the architectural guidelines
oConduct research, design, prototype, and other exploration activities
oImplement and integrate changes in small batches
oCreate and test the work products defined by their features
oTest the work products defined by their features
oSupport operational business solutions
oSupport and/or create the automation necessary to build the continuous delivery pipeline Continuously improve the teams process
2. Prioritise and Plan work activities within the Agile Team
oFacilitate and participate in discovery/inception workshops to create a shared understanding of user needs and the potential technology solution required to deliver to these needs
oIdentify user journeys which map out how a user will go through the system
oWork ahead of the team to get clarity on some (not all) requirements before the next iteration
oCollaborate with cross-functional teams comprised of product management, / UX, technology, support, testing and other subject matter experts to gather and analyse functional needs and user story requirements
oGroom user stories through business interviews, workshops or procedures and map user stories ensuring they come together as a cohesive whole.
oProvide the Product Owner with key information for prioritisation and estimation.
oFacilitate and participate in iteration meetings (product backlog grooming, planning meeting, daily stand up, review meeting and retrospective).
oObtain sign off during iteration review sessions.
oManage the stories (in JIRA), ensuring that all requirements are loaded as stories, ensuring the stories are assigned to epics.
oSupport showcasing stories to stakeholders
oWork very closely with user experience team to ensure that processes, wireframes and content are optimally intuitive to end-users
3. Manage the Backlog for the Agile Team
oEnsure that the activities needed to fulfil each item in the backlog are identified, outlined and prioritized before the next sprint.
oIdentify missing requirements
oClarify the goals and business value of Minimum Marketable Features/Minimal Viable Products.
oClarify any ambiguity until it is understood by the team
oReview user stories with the Product Owner with a strategic point of view
oCapture and keep the business and data rules up-to-date
oEnsure that where stories are blocked, these stories are prioritised to other iterations and new stories identified to replace them in the current iteration
4. Test cases for system
oWork with users to develop acceptance criteria or test cases for the system
oProduce acceptance tests from acceptance criteria
oProvide regular feedback by testing the deliverables against a user storys acceptance criteria.
oProvide regular feedback by validating that the product meets the business goals.
oProvide support and input into system testing activities including participating in the development of the testing approach, development of test cases as well as the creation of testing scenarios.
5. Collaborate with the team to deliver on backlog
oWear different hats: designer, tester, facilitator, product owner, etc
oCreate a shared understanding of what the product is supposed to do
oCollaborate with the rest of the agile team to ensure that stories are delivered effectively and quality standards are adhered to
oCollaborate with developers, testers and user experience team to ensure that they are engaged in the work to understand business context
- Critical Thinking / Problem Solving
- Oral/Written Communications
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Information Technology Application
- Professionalism / Work Ethic
- Career Management
Experience/Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodology
- Understand the impact of features across the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Have the relevant technical and business skills to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Good understanding and experience of IT terminology and processes
- Able to prioritise workloads and work with minimum supervision
- Analytical skills for transforming defined business needs into technical requirements
- 3 - 4 years' Business Analysis and Design. Experience with requirements elicitation, gathering, documentation and management.
- 3 - 4 years' Business Support. Understanding business needs and be able to analyse requirements.
- 3 years banking experience
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- BPMN 2.0 experience will be an added advantage
- Lean Six Sigma Certification will be an added advantage
- Any SAFe certification will be an added advantage
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team (OpenText MBPM, OpenText AppWorks, OpenText ECM, RPA, etc.) will be an added advantage