Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
2 months ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To collect radiometric and geological drill hole data in order to determine the uranium content through downhole probing and ensure that the product meets quality standards as part of the ore grade control system/ process.
Key Performance Areas:
- Collect all probing related data and carry out field checks to guarantee the quality of the data and report errors.
- Provide support to long term or short term probing projects.
- Handle and utilize the geophysical equipment and vehicle as per the standard operating procedure. and/or as instructed.
- Accurately measure, record and recognize relevant geological information. Collect information for developing models to facilitate timely distribution of resource and reserve update.
- Provide grade control probing results to Geologist for calculation of relevant parameters.
- Prepare clearly written reports and other documentation on required frequencies.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects.
- 2 years experience in data collection using radiometric tools of which 1 year should be in a mining environment.
- Basic computer certificate is an added advantage.
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License.