Boilermaker With Bosiat Or Opito Training – Walvis Bay
Africa Personnel Services - walvis bay, namibia
2 months ago
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, a leading company in Walvis Bay, Namibia, for the position of Boiler Maker. The ideal candidate will be responsible for safely and accurately planning, fabricating, and installing steel structures to the highest level of workmanship and quality to meet the needs and requirements of our client's company. This is a fixed-term position located in Walvis Bay. Candidates must either reside in Walvis Bay or be willing and able to relocate.
Key Job Outputs:
1. Fabrication and Erection of Structured Steel, Pipe, and Tanks:
- Understand and interpret technical drawings.
- Accurately plan and organize task execution in accordance with standard operating procedures, drawing specifications, company specifications, and supervisor's instructions.
- Determine specific tools, gasket materials, and consumable requirements.
- Fabricate, assemble, and install fit plates and pipes as per drawing and supervisor instruction.
- Inspect work pieces for dimensional accuracy and quality standards.
- Perform gas cutting, tacking, and safe handling during the fabrication process.
- Ensure correct weld preparation and prevent distortion during welding.
- Understand radius corners weld intersections
2. Health and Safety:
- Complete safety task observations and risk assessments.
- Adhere to company and legislative Health, Safety, and Environmental standards.
- Apply and encourage good housekeeping practices.
- Plan work in accordance with safety rules and regulations and the company's Health and Safety policy.
3. Ad hoc duties:
- Adhere to company quality standards and engineering practices.
- Supervise small work teams and provide on-the-job training for assigned assistants.
- Attend to any reasonable requests made by the Line Manager.
- Maintain the companys standards and ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Perform overtime work on request.
- Grade 12, National Trade Certificate in Boilermaking.
- BOSIAT or OPITO training and Boiler Making certification.
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant experience in a fabrication environment.
- Knowledge of the Labour Act.
Personal and Interpersonal Competencies:
- Personal credibility, ethics, and proactive thinking.
- Learning ability and continuous learning.
- Stress tolerance, adaptability, and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills, assertive communication, and customer focus.
CLOSING DATE: 30 OCTOBER 2023