Pipe Fitter With Bosiat Or Opito Training – Walvis Bay
Africa Personnel Services - walvis bay, namibia
2 months ago
Are you an experienced Pipe Fitter looking for an opportunity to showcase your skills? We are seeking a highly qualified Pipe Fitter to join our team. As a Pipe Fitter, you will be responsible for accurate measurements, mechanical assembly, installation, and commissioning of various mechanical components and equipment. The ideal candidate should possess a Grade 12 education, a National Trade Certificate in Fitting & Turning, and a minimum of 3 years' relevant experience in a fabrication environment, and have undergone BOSIAT or OPITO training.
Precise Measurement and Interpretation:
- Accurately measure parts and interpret mechanical drawings.
- Understand and interpret technical drawings.
- Calculate and determine spare parts, special tools, materials, and specific consumables.
- Request materials from the supervisor and verify their correctness.
- Mark, strip, clean, inspect, calibrate, repair, overhaul, service, test, assemble, and reinstate all mechanical components and equipment.
- Plan and organize tasks in accordance with specifications, procedures, and guidance from the supervisor.
- Ensure calculations are accurate to avoid misinterpretations of drawings and resource wastage.
Component Installation and Commissioning:
- Strip, install, and commission all mechanical components and equipment as required.
- Perform precise alignment on shafts, couplings, gearboxes, and more.
- Take accurate measurements using clock gauges, feeler gauges, calipers, micrometers, vernier calipers, etc.
- Demonstrate the correct and safe use of equipment such as liquid nitrogen, dry ice, oil bath, and bearing heaters.
- Apply proper bolt torque techniques, gear backlash settings, key to coupling, and shaft to taper fitting methods.
- Showcase proper lapping methods, including face-to-face lapping and flat surface lapping.
- Use hand tools, equipment, and machinery safely, reporting any non-conformities to the supervisor.
- Perform basic gas cutting and welding as required.
- Safely handle and rig loads up to 5 tons during mechanical work processes.
Health and Safety:
- Complete "5 Steps" safety task observations.
- Collaborate with the supervisor to complete risk assessments on-site.
- Plan work in accordance with safety rules, regulations, and the company's Health and Safety policy.
- Adhere to company and legislative Health, Safety, and Environmental standards.
- Promote good housekeeping practices.
Ad Hoc Duties:
- Maintain company quality standards and adhere to good engineering practices.
- Supervise small work teams as per supervisor's instructions.
- Provide on-the-job training and skills development for assigned assistants.
- Attend to reasonable requests made by the Line Manager that fall within your scope of work.
- Uphold the Company's standards and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Perform overtime work as requested.
- Grade 12 education.
- National Trade Certificate in Fitting & Turning.
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant experience in a fabrication environment.
- Reside in Walvis Bay or be willing and able to relocate.