Mechanical Fitter With Bosiat Or Opito Training – Walvis Bay
Africa Personnel Services - walvis bay, namibia
2 months ago
We are seeking a highly skilled Mechanical Fitter with BOSIAT or OPITO certification to join our team in Walvis Bay, Namibia. The ideal candidate will be responsible for safely and accurately maintaining, installing, dismantling, and assembling various mechanical components to the highest level of workmanship and quality. This role requires immediate availability. Candidates must reside in Walvis Bay or be willing and able to relocate.
Key Job Outputs:
1. Accurate Measurement and Interpretation of Mechanical Drawings:
- Understand and interpret technical drawings.
- Calculate and determine spare parts, special tools, materials, and consumables.
- Perform accurate measurements using various tools.
- Request materials from supervisor and verify correctness.
- Mark, clean, inspect, repair, and assemble mechanical components.
2. Strip, Install, and Commission Mechanical Components:
- Perform accurate alignment on shafts, couplings, gearboxes, etc.
- Demonstrate proper use of tools, equipment, and machinery.
- Perform basic gas cutting and welding.
- Safely handle and rig loads up to 5 tons.
- Ensure accurate calculations to avoid misinterpretations of drawings.
3. Health and Safety:
- Complete safety task observations and risk assessments.
- Plan work in accordance with safety rules and regulations and company policies.
- Adhere to company and legislative Health, Safety, and Environmental standards.
- Apply and encourage good housekeeping practices.
4. Ad hoc Duties:
- Adhere to company quality standards and engineering practices.
- Supervise small work teams and provide on-the-job training for assistants.
- Attend to reasonable requests made by the Line Manager.
- Maintain the Companys standards and policies.
- Perform overtime work as requested.
- Grade 12, National Trade Certificate in Fitting & Turning.
- BOSIAT or OPITO certification.
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant experience in a fabrication environment.
Personal and Interpersonal Competencies:
- Personal credibility, ethics, and proactive thinking.
- Learning ability and continuous learning.
- Stress tolerance, adaptability, and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills, assertive communication, and customer focus.
CLOSING DATE: 30 OCTOBER 2023