Rigger With Bosiat Or Opito – Walvis Bay
Africa Personnel Services - walvis bay, namibia
2 months ago
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Rigger with BOSIAT or OPITO certification to join our team in Walvis Bay, Namibia. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assembling rigging to lift and move equipment or material in various settings, such as manufacturing plants, shipyards, or construction projects. Immediate availability is required. Candidates must reside in Walvis Bay or be willing and able to relocate.
1. Assisting Technical Personnel at an Advanced Level:
- Understand and interpret basic drawings.
- Schedule own work sequence to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Determine basic time estimation to complete tasks.
- Competent to operate all hand tools.
- Comprehensive knowledge in the use and workings of rigging gear.
- Test rigging gear to ensure safety and reliability.
- Generate and develop rigging plans/studies.
- Operate workshop overhead cranes and forklift.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of mobile and fixed cranes.
- Understand and interpret safety factors and risk mitigating procedures for critical lifts.
- Inspect all rigging gear and maintain records.
2. Health and Safety:
- Complete safety task observations and risk assessments.
- Adhere to company and legislative Health, Safety, and Environmental standards.
- Apply and encourage good housekeeping practices.
- Plan work in accordance with safety rules and regulations and the company's Health and Safety policy.
3. Ad hoc Duties:
- Attend to any reasonable request made by the Foreman/Supervisor.
- Adhere to company quality standards and excellent engineering practices at all times.
- Live the O&L Values.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Perform overtime work when requested.
- Grade 10
- National Trade Certificate N3 Rigging (rooi seel)
- English/Afrikaans Literate
- 4 years relevant experience
- Ability to distinguish between colors as part of day-to-day operations
Personal and Interpersonal Competencies:
- Personal credibility, ethics, and proactive thinking.
- Learning ability and continuous learning.
- Stress tolerance, adaptability, and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills, assertive communication, and customer focus.
CLOSING DATE: 30 OCTOBER 2023