Chargehand: Welder With Bosiat Or Opito Training – Walvis Bay
Africa Personnel Services - walvis bay, namibia
2 months ago
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Chargehand: Welder and Fabricator to join our dynamic team. As a Welder and Fabricator, you will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of work by accurately planning and organizing task execution in accordance with standard operating procedures, drawing specifications, company specifications, and supervisor's instructions. Your expertise in welding processes, equipment operation, and quality assurance is essential to our success.
- Accurately plan and organize task execution following standard operating procedures.
- Ensure correct weld preparation as per drawing and weld procedure specifications.
- Comprehend weld procedures, symbols, and interpret codes and standards.
- Operate and maintain welding equipment.
- Adjust amperage for welding positions and plate thickness.
- Perform tack welding and deposit root runs.
- Remove tack welds as welding progresses, clean root runs, and inspect for defects.
- Deposit filler runs with a focus on metal and slag control.
- Check for slag entrapment in the weld and deposit sealing runs.
- Inspect welds for accuracy and take measures to prevent distortion.
- Understand radius corners weld intersections (M&O specific).
- Perform basic cutting, grinding, flange fitting, alignment, oxy-acetylene cutting, and pipeline purging.
- Rectify weld defects and conduct DPI testing.
- Follow weld sequencing and backstep procedures.
- Create quality welds according to blueprints and weld symbols (GMAW, SMAW, GTAW).
- Responsible for cost estimation and project time estimation.
- Create work plans for self and team members, supervise boilermakers, and monitor project progress.
- Complete safety tasks, risk assessments, and adhere to health, safety, and environmental standards.
- Adhere to company quality standards and provide on-the-job training for assistants.
- Attend to reasonable requests from the Line Manager and perform overtime work when necessary.
- Serve as team supervisor, managing team of welders.
- Grade 12 and Welding Trade Certificate.
- Minimum 5 years of on-the-job experience in welding and steel fabrication.
- Material knowledge.
- Computer literacy (MS Office & Project).
- L3 Qualification Certificate in Trade.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the trade, including the Marine industry and offshore/at-sea experience.
- Valid OPITO/BOSIET Training Certificate.
- Experience in leadership role.
- Coded up to 6G knowledge.
- Knowledge of the Labour Act.
- Proactive thinking.
- Learning ability and continuous learning.
- Stress tolerance and resilience.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Personal credibility and ethics.
- Assertive communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Technical/professional expertise.
- Working within the system/process/process improvement.
- Assertive communication.
- Planning and organizing.
- Customer focus.
- Attention to detail.
- Work standards.
- Leadership competencies when exerting influence or guidance on an interpersonal level over others.
CLOSING DATE: 30 OCTOBER 2023