Chargehand: Mechanical Fitter With Bosiat Or Opito Training – Walvis Bay
Africa Personnel Services - walvis bay, namibia
2 months ago
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Chargehand : Mechanical Fitter to join our team. The Chargehand: Mechanical Fitter will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient and safe operation of our mechanical components and equipment. The successful candidate will be responsible for precise measurements, interpretation of mechanical drawings, and overseeing mechanical projects to completion. If you have a strong mechanical background, are detail-oriented, and possess excellent supervisory and leadership skills, we want to hear from you.
Accurate Measurement and Mechanical Component Maintenance:
- Understand and interpret technical drawings.
- Calculate and determine spare parts, special tools, materials, and specific consumables.
- Request materials from the supervisor and verify the correctness of received materials.
- Mark, strip, clean, inspect, calibrate, repair, overhaul, service, test, assemble, and reinstate all mechanical components and equipment.
- Strip, install, and commission all mechanical components and equipment as required.
- Perform accurate alignment on shafts, couplings, gearboxes, etc.
- Take accurate measurements using various gauges and tools.
- Demonstrate safe use of specialized equipment.
- Perform basic gas cutting and welding.
- Safely handle and rig up to 5 tons during mechanical work processes.
Planning and Supervision:
- Create plans for the completion of own work projects and those of team members.
- Supervise the mechanical fitter, plan, and organize tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives in a timely manner.
- Monitor own activities and those of team members and report regularly on project progress.
- Conduct post-plan reviews to assess effectiveness.
- Responsible for general cost management of jobs.
- Estimate the time spent on jobs and control hours effectively.
Health and Safety:
- Complete "5 Steps" safety task observations.
- Complete risk assessments on-site.
- Adhere to company and legislative Health, Safety, and Environmental standards.
- Promote a safety culture in your area of responsibility.
Ad Hoc Duties:
- Encourage good housekeeping practices.
- Perform overtime work when requested.
- Provide on-the-job training and skills development for assigned assistants.
- Attend to any reasonable requests made by the Line Manager within your work scope.
- Adhere to company quality standards and excellent engineering practices at all times.
- Grade 12 with a Fitter & Turner Trade Certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years of on-the-job experience in a mechanical environment.
- Material Knowledge.
- Computer Literacy (MS Office & Project).
- Valid OPITO/BOSIET Training Certificate.
- L3 Qualification Certificate in Trade.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the trade, with a preference for experience in the Marine industry, including Offshore/At Sea.
- Personal credibility and ethics.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Pro-active thinking.
- Assertive communication skills.
- Learning ability/continuous learning.
- Stress tolerance/resilience.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Technical/professional expertise.
- Working within the system/process/process improvement.
- Assertive communication.
- Planning and organizing.
- Customer focus.
- Attention to detail.
- Work standards.
- Discipline and Counseling.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Supervisory Skills.
- Fostering Teamwork.
- Delegation Skills.
- Conflict Resolution.
- Handling of Grievances and Complaints.
CLOSING DATE: 30 OCTOBER 2023