Chargehand: Boilermaker With Bosiat Or Opito Training – Walvis Bay
Africa Personnel Services - walvis bay, namibia
a month ago
We are looking for an experienced Chargehand Boilermaker to join our team. As a Chargehand Boilermaker, you will play a crucial role in overseeing and executing complex welding and steel fabrication projects. The ideal candidate should have a Grade 12 education, a Boilermaker Trade Certificate, and a minimum of 5 years of on-the-job experience in a welding and steel fabrication environment.
- Understand and interpret technical drawings.
- Accurately plan and organize task execution in terms of standard operating procedures and in accordance with drawing specifications, company specifications, and supervisor's instructions.
- Determine spare parts, special tools, gasket materials, and specific consumable requirements accurately in terms of type, quantity, grade, and specific applications.
- Request and receive materials from the supervisor and verify the correctness of received materials.
- Accurately measure, mark out, prepare, and cut materials in accordance with drawing specifications, company specifications, and supervisor's instructions.
- Fabricate, assemble, and install plates and pipes per drawing and supervisor instruction, utilizing appropriate assembly methods such as jigs, strong backs, back stoppers, clamps, wedges, and tack-welds.
- Inspect workpieces for dimensional accuracy, required quality standards, task correctness, and present them to the supervisor for verification.
- Perform all required gas cutting, tacking, and safe handling and lifting during the fabrication process.
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of hand tools, equipment, and machinery, reporting any non-conformities to the supervisor.
- Calculate and determine material, spares, and tools.
- Ensure correct weld preparation as per drawing and weld procedure specification.
Planning and Supervision:
- Create plans for the completion of own work projects and those of team members.
- Supervise boilermakers, plan, and organize tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives in a timely manner daily.
- Monitor own activities and those of team members and report regularly on project progress.
- Conduct a post-plan review of effectiveness.
- Plan and supervise tasks to be completed as per specifications.
- Responsible for general cost management of jobs.
- Responsible for estimating the time spent on jobs (hour controlling).
- Plan own work and that of the team.
- Decide on the accuracy of own work and have on-the-job experience to make some decisions not covered by procedures.
Health and Safety:
- Complete "5 Steps" safety task observation.
- Conduct risk assessments on-site.
- Adhere to company and legislative Health, Safety, and Environmental standards and foster a safety culture in your area of responsibility.
- Plan work in accordance with safety rules and regulations and in line with the company's Health and Safety policy.
Ad Hoc Duties:
- Promote good housekeeping practices.
- Perform overtime work as requested.
- Provide on-the-job training and skills development for assigned assistants.
- Attend to any reasonable requests made by the Line Manager that fall within your work scope.
- Always adhere to company quality standards and excellent engineering practices.
- Embrace and embody the values of [Your Company Name].
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Grade 12 education.
- Boilermaker Trade Certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years of on-the-job experience in a welding and steel fabrication environment.
CLOSING DATE: 30 OCTOBER 2023