Health Safety And Environment Engineer
Africa Personnel Services - windhoek, namibia
2 months ago
The job holder shall be fully accountable and directly responsible for:
- Communication: Establish, maintain and disseminate the Management HSE doctrine to all sites including major industry HSE feedbacks.
- Risk Assessments: Carryout operational related risk assessment for major activities including safety critical activities
- Incident Investigation: Carryout incident investigation of High Potential incident, contribute to the definition of improvement proposals
- Follow up on Affiliate HSE activities planning
- Provide HSE related supports (Risk Assessment, incident investigation and analysis, EMP monitoring, HSE Inspections, Audits supports, etc.) to all operational entities and sites.
- Participation in HSE MS Audits for Affiliate and contractors.
- Participation in the CFT HSE evaluation of Affiliate Contracts.
- Participation in EBS/ESIA for Affiliate Appraisal and Exploration Campaign Support HSE Manager and take proactive role in coordination and supervision of Site HSE activities
- Maintain effective communication with Operations Team
- Comply with HSE policies,
- Actively participate and contribute to Affiliate and Company HSE objectives,
- Actively participates in HSE trainings and Emergency Response,
- Promote HSE awareness and compliance.Works under the general guidance and direction of Affiliate Health, Safety and Environment Manager
- Promote Hazards Communication, Risk Identification, Unsafe Acts reporting, Use of STOP Cards, prevention of accident and communication High Potential incident and near-accidents reporting.
- Risk Analysis
- Incident Investigation
- Intermediate level in Contracts technical Competencies required
- C&P tools certification required
- Demonstrable general knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the Company in general
Qualification and background
- Diploma: Holding a B.Sc. Diploma or post high school qualification
- or BSc. degree in any Engineering field (MSc. degree or similar is an added advantage)
- 3 -10 years work experience, of which 2 years is in an equivalent position in the Oil and Gas E&P industry
- Formal training in HSE with recognized qualification or certification (NEBOSH certificates, Auditing HSE certificates)
- Recognized expertise level in oil & gas industry (Audits, investigation and communication skills)
- Good experience in Risk Assessment and Management of Deep-Water critical oil and gas operations
- Strong experience in writing reports and data analysis.
- Competent knowledge of Loss Prevention standards and procedures
- Proven competencies in audits, investigation, interpersonal relationship and team spirit
Closing date: 20 October 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted