Capricorn Group Limited - namibia
2 months ago
Listing reference: capbg_000016
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 25 October 2023
Oversee the trading desk and ensure execution of the functions trading strategies by ensuring alignment with the overall Treasury strategy. Responsible for coordinating all trading activities within the foreign exchange and money market environment. Monitoring and management of the trading budget and adherence to the risk framework, including compliance with regulatory framework. Provide markets input and guidance to the sales team as they manage client relationships. Ensure engagement with internal stakeholders to ensure effective execution of the trading strategy.
- Development, management, and execution of trading desk strategy
- Set and manage budgets within the trading function.
- Responsible for overall achievement of the Treasury trading income budget
- Efficient management of the daily tasks of the trading desk.
- Ensure that the trading desk is in compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Fully responsible for the management and performance of direct reports.
- Engagement with the Head of Sales to ensure alignment in an effort to provide treasury clients with exceptional service.
- Team leadership and management, teamwork, self-management and alignment with the Capricorn way.
- Stay abreast of current and upcoming regulatory, market and microeconomic movements, analyze their impact on the function and develop appropriate strategies to manage them.
- Forecasts trends to identify opportunities in an effort to maximise profitability for the bank, liaising with professional market counterparts with regards to market intelligence and enhancement of relationships
- Ensure regulatory compliance and internal compliance with various metrices, coordinate and consolidate inputs across the bank to produce regulatory mandated and internal reporting requirements ensuring that the bank is always fully compliant.
- Manage income by relationship management with other banks and the regulators.
- Ensure reports are prepared and shared on a daily basis to the respective recipients
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Economics/Mathematics/Engineering/Accounting or any Business related field from recognized institution
- ACI Dealing Certificate
- Atleast Five (5) years relevant working and proven experience in a bank treasury, two (2) of which should have been at senior trader level