Officer: Treasury (Domestic)
Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
2 months ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To liaise with designated staff about financial matters in order to ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place, and to efficiently supervise the preparation and processing of all payment batches received from the Accounts Payable and Payroll division according to approved policies and procedures.
Key Performance Areas:
- Support the Treasurer with physical cash accounting activities and document all cash transactions
- Control pre-payments, retention payments and guarantees.
- Inspect, investigate and resolve discrepancies in cash transactions.
- Check, verify and reconcile bank deposits and bank payments.
- Respond to and resolve suppliers queries, requests or grievances.
- Maintain financial records, registers, logs and spreadsheets and provide reports to the Treasurer.
- Receive all payments based on signed off reports from Accounts Payable, payroll and sundry, while adhering to company guidelines.
- Prepare and reconcile AP, payroll and sundry payment batches.
- Revert any batch errors to Account Payable or Payroll.
- Check compliance with payment authorization processes to uphold governance requirements.
- Coordinate the petty cash system.
- Prepare bank guarantee application and control milestone payments.
- Process accurate cash book postings and reconciliations.
- Prepare consolidated cash flow reporting, internally and to the larger CGNPC Group.
- Monitor and reduce bank costs by optimizing payments.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects with a Bachelors degree in Accounting (B. Acc / B. Com / B. Compt.).
- 3 years minimum working experience in a Banking/ Treasury/Foreign exchange (Forex) International Treasury environment or verification of daily cash transactions.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP).
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License.