Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
2 months ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To plan and coordinate activities concerned with design, construction, modification, and maintenance of the plant to ensure effective and efficient maintenance of all mechanical equipment to achieve production targets, at maximum workshop availability and optimum cost, including adherence to SSHER requirements.
Key Performance Areas:
- Participate in the maintenance, inspection and repair of equipment.
- Coordinate the receipt of new equipment.
- Produce contingency plans and remedial actions to minimize operational and technical risks.
- Ensure maintenance is carried out in compliance to Company policies and procedures and work instructions.
- Determine maintenance project schedules and track progress.
- Identify downtime root causes and implement preventative maintenance programs to eliminate downtime causes.
- Identify and determine areas where deviations from standard RCM practices are acceptable. Investigate and resolve user problems, initiate system corrections, monitor and expedite system changes-in-progress and test corrections and enhancement.
- Analyse RCM data/reports, investigate causes of delays and deviation and implement action to optimise process performance and efficiency targets.
- Identify production losses and abnormal high maintenance cost assets. Adhere to the Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM) process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets.
- Implement approved reliability improvement initiatives.
- Develop, investigate and implement enhancements to the reliability centered maintenance and reliability centered spares system.
- Provide input in preparation of the sections annual operational budget.
Requirements and experience:
- BTech / Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3 years work experience.
- Processing plant environment experience will be a distinct advantage.
- Exposure in structural and chemical tank repairs and EMVs.
- Proven experience in multi-disciplinary continuous improvement projects and exposure to research and development work into new / improved project.
- Exposure in process optimization, equipment life extension and improvement of equipment reliability.
- Good track record of contract & contractor coordination.
- Registration with a professional body will be an added advantage.
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License.