Coordinator: Banqueting, Groups & Events Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - swakopmund, namibia
3 months ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To supervise and oversee all aspects of the banqueting department including booking, organizing, coordinating, and facilitating conferences and events to provide an excellent guest experience and maximize revenue generation.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- National Diploma in Hospitality Management/ Hospitality Operations or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years previous reservations\banqueting coordinator experience
- Experience in Banqueting, Event Planning & Administration, Wedding & Conference Coordination and Booking Management.
- Computer literate (MS Office/Office/Excel/PowerPoint)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Coordinate all event venue bookings on Opera for the property and convert inquiries and provisional bookings into confirmed reservations.
- Handle all event bookings and enter them into the conference and banqueting diary.
- Attend and follow up on enquiries and gather sufficient information when making reservations in accordance with the Guaranteed Booking Policy
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Inspect table set-ups, bar set-ups, event facilities and scheduled function areas/rooms for cleanliness; check for cleanliness, neatness and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Collaborate with external vendors, such as florists, photographers, and entertainment, to ensure their services align with event requirements.
- Arrange for the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, and other event needs.
- Inspect the setup and dcor for events and coordinate with relevant departments and ensure all everything is in working order (E.g. equipment etc).
- Welcome customers/guest and monitor the overall experience to ensure the service offered create unforgettable, unique experience.
- Ensure that standards for service delivery and hygiene requirements are consistently maintained in Banqueting venues and outlets.
- Constantly monitor and check the quality-of-service delivery towards the guests.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
- Inspires Innovation
- Deliver Extraordinary results
Closing date: 07 October 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3531